He was born at home via waterbirth after 3 hours of labor on Aug 31, 2010 and weight 8 pounds, 6 oz and was 21 inches long.
He is absolutely handsome, totally perfect and we intend to keep him that way. Whole, just as God made him! I do not believe that male circumcision is acceptable. Read more about My Thoughts On Circumcision and Genital Mutilation.
Week 39 – only 7 days till my due date. Hoping I don’t have to wait much longer!
Getting contractions a lot now, dilated 3cm, using Evening Primrose Oil nightly. I still need to pack this week so we can move into the new house so I’m not making a HUGE effort to go into labor yet. I have so much I need to get done and I really don’t want to do it while toting around a newborn. I’m trying to get as much as possible done and I have a list a mile long for this week!
Last night, I made a oil belly rub concoction of olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, lavender essential oil and Black Cohosh. Hoping it not only helps prevent new stretch marks, but stimulates some more contractions and progress.
I get so infuriated watching shows on TLC like Baby Story and seeing stupid, ignorant doctors talk perfectly healthy women into getting pitocin and an epidural, when they went in there planning on a natural drug-free birth. Then they lay there for HOURS with no idea what’s going on down there and no way to know when to push. Just so frustrating! So unnatural and ridiculous!
I watched Birth As We Know It yesterday and got to see some amazing, strong women give birth naturally and beautifully. It’s so amazingly frustrating to then turn on TLC and see someone who is perfectly healthy and intending on going drug-free end up getting talked into doing what’s convenient for the doctor… Makes me want to scream.
How to Make Condom Slushies
1. Pour approximately 1.25 inches of rubbing alcohol into a condom, and then fill rest of the way with tap water leaving room to tie into a knot at the end.
2. Gently roll another condom onto the liquid filled condom and tie into a knot.
3. Make at least 4 of these Condom Slushies and place in freezer for 2 hours, overnight is even better. I always put into a toilet paper roll to prevent puncture.
4. Remove one Condom Slushie from freezer, wrap in wash cloth and place on vulva I also use these for hemorrhoid after birth
5. You will now experience bliss
Other Helpful Hints:
RAW Honey is also great to have on hand for small tears and abrasions.
Comfrey tea bags also good for tears, abrasions, and hemorrhoids.
Rubbing extra virgin olive oil on the babies bum after birth makes it easier to clean up sticky meconium.